Call Before You Dig
Outages cannot always be prevented... storms, ice, lightning, wind, tree contact, animal contact and
vehicle contact are the most common causes of power outages. If an outage occurs, Howard Greeley
RPPD will respond to your call 24 hours a day 7 days a week including holidays. The District maintains
two linemen on call to serve your needs after regular business hours.
In the event of a power outage there are a few steps to follow to speed up the restoration process.
- Check your breakers and fuses inside and/or at the meter pole.
- Check to see if neighbors have lights.
- Call Howard Greeley RPPD at (308) 754-4457 or (800) 280-4962 give the following information:
- Give the name the account is listed under.
- Have your account number ready, or
- Have your meter number ready, or
- Know the legal description for the location of the service.
- If you live in town, give your street address.
Important! The customer's wiring starts at the meter and is the responsibility of the customer. All repairs should be taken care of by your electrician. If the District is called out and the problem is located on the customer's side of the meter, the customer will be charged accordingly.
Remember to stay away from downed power lines they can be dangerous! Downed power lines can still be energized! Don't go near downed lines and keep others away also. Report downed power lines as soon as possible to Howard Greeley RPPD at (308) 754-4457 or (800) 280-4962.